The GFE Global business model is profitable, economical, environmentally sustainable and socially responsible. This ensures investors, management, local community, local government and the environment all benefit from the GFE Global Energy Farm initiative.
Sustainable Energy Farms provide job creation in several sectors to employ communities for generations. Each Energy Farm will need professional and non-professional work forces.
GFE Global Energy Farms are targeted for regions of severe deforestation over the last hundred years with the resulting land has experienced soil degradation. Much of this land is ideally suited for the project’s sustainable renewable “Energy Farms”. By reforesting the area, the project actively prevents; soil erosion, loss of soil nutrients, loss of underground hydrology & continuing land degradation.
Local communities in these areas have historically relied on livestock farming for their income. These local cattle markets have significantly weakened in recent years, leaving many of the local people who worked in this industry unemployed.
Jatropha reforestation generates benefits such as:
- Slow and steady recovery of microclimate and environmental conditions
- Control of the hydrological cycle
- Reduction of soil erosion
- Improvement of the chemical, physical and biological characteristics of soils by changing land use from livestock to renewable energy and agriculture
- Improvement of living conditions of the local community through social assistance programs and employment